Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Zi Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Shui (Water) Yin Yang: Yang
Lucky Numbers: 2, 3 Lucky Colors: gold, blue, green Lucky Flowers: lily, African violet, lily of the valley Lucky Directions: southeast, northeast
Things Should be Avoided:
- Unlucky Numbers: 5, 9
- Unlucky Colors: yellow, brown
- Unlucky Direction: west
Year of the Rat
Though people consider the rat not adorable, and it even makes its way into derogatory languages, it ranks first on the Chinese zodiac signs. It has characteristics of an animal with spirit, wit, alertness, delicacy, flexibility and vitality and wealth.
People born in the Year of the Rat are instinctive, acute and alert in nature which makes them to be brilliant businessmen. They can always react properly before the worst circumstances take place. They are also sophisticated and popular in social interaction. They are sanguine and very adaptable, being popular with others.
- Strengths Adaptable, smart, cautious, acute, alert, positive, flexible, outgoing, cheerful
- Weaknesses Timid, unstable, stubborn, picky, lack of persistence, querulous .
- Best Matches: Ox, Dragon, Monkey They can get along with Ox, Dragon and Monkey partners, and their relationship will be well maintained as fresh as before. There is no big rise and fall in their life time, but will never be a lack of romance and passion.
- Bad Matches: Horse, Rooster If they get together, there will be endless quarrels. They are all sharp in words, and seldom make compromises. Picky in each other’s faults, they cannot be tolerant, which leads to their final divergence.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Rat||1924, 1984||Independent with proper pride, conforming to traditional ideas.|
|Fire Rat||1936, 1996||Clever, capable, but lacking sense of discipline.|
|Earth Rat||1948, 2008||Sober and contented mind, strong adaptability.|
|Metal Rat||1960, 2020||Sensitive with strong self-awareness; persuasive with ready tongue.|
|Water Rat||1912, 1972||Intelligent with high thinking faculty, but conservative in practice.|